Thursday 16 April 2015

What a relief: frogs, muskrat

Spring peeper, in summer 2014
- note the X
My computer is in the shop. Only a video card that has died. It's covered by an alert and known issue, therefore free. Meantime, things are tense here! Thank goodness I can use hubby's machine.

My videocam is off, too. That is self-inflicted. I dropped it!

Daisy and I went down to the pond. Monday we heard Spring Peepers, Tuesday we heard Wood frogs.
We went down after we arrived home from the city, dropping of computer and videocam at two different stores!

While listening for the Ontario Atlas Frog Watch project, we spotted a muskrat. I'm now hoping that all three water rats are still alive. We shall see!
The photos are long, but you can see the hunched over muskrat, I didn't have my zoom lens with me.



Also, I heard a bird I did not recognize. If you are proficient, you can listen to the video...
Here are the wonderful sounds of spring, if you should so desire.


Spring Peepers Lanark from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Wood frogs from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love little frogs or toads. very cool. video watching now. thanks!! ( :

William Kendall said...

The cats must appreciate the water opening up!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I had to think what were 'peepers' then saw it was tadpoles... either name, they's cute; wonder how many will reach maturity.... YAM xx

Red said...

So you have some good things and some bad things. that's the way life goes. Spring has been a long time coming.

Unknown said...

They're so cute! I love frogs.