Thursday 12 March 2015

Retail therapy!

This now holds my bell collection.
It's been a tough week, between one thing and another. Everyone's kind wishes, at the euthanasia of Sady, have been sweet and kind. I thank you.

After my client cancelled my visit last week, I had the afternoon off and needed something to do!  I decided on some retail therapy on the way home. Sorry, kids, there goes the LOC, and the family fortune!

Indoor shopping was retail therapy at Cliff's Rideau Antiques, in his cold barn! I visit from time-to-time. His place is epic. You can tell by the photos. We took the kids in 2013!

I settled on a few end tables, as well as another student desk/chair, and a secretary desk. You can see how they were tucked into nooks and crannies in his barn.

I tidied up the basement play area for my grandchildren, where they play.
Josephine (gr. 2) has put sticky notes on the old desk. We'll see if they like the new on when they next come over for a sleepover!
The girls love the student desk.
Before Isabelle (4) was in JK
she loved playing school.
They continue to like this spot in the house.
Isn't it pretty?
The clock on the wall is  a
cross-stitched picture of birds.
My late mother made it from a kit.

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

The student desk really is a throwback!

Nancy J said...

How did you manage to squirrel those beauties out from the jungle!!! Love the desk, I have one that was my Dad's, probably dating from the 1940's. Great place for the littlies too. Therapy is sometimes what the doctor orders.

Gill - That British Woman said...

just love it. I would love to visit there a treasure trove of things.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oooooooooohhhhhh a treasure cave!!! YAM xx

Red said...

Just think how these purchases will increase in value as they age. Your kids will have a goldmine here.

Linda said...

lovely treasures, your wall clock looks wonderful and a definite treasure made by your mother

Elizabeth Edwards said...

oh goodness you said retail therapy ... sounds dangerous. or at least it can be. ha. ha!! my hubby has not been antique shopping in a long time. he probably just saving up. he does that often. but sometimes he says we have too much laying around. a man that keeps me guessing. ha. ha!! ( :

Kay said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry about Sady. I know how loved she was.