Thursday 15 January 2015

Indoors, outdoors, a little of this and that

3 cats – they're getting closer!
Nothing like boxes to keep them entertained.
Daisy took the high road.

5 cats

It was a cold, but lovely day for a walk (~  -20 C.!). The sun was shining. I had no buddies, although Buster was on the front porch in the sun. He wasn't inclined to venture into the breach that day. He's still recovering from his intestinal parasite, I think.

Annabelle is slowly fitting in. They aren't thrilled
Moment of world peace.
Sady in her bed atop the table.
I was in the chair, Dorah at my feet,
and had to powder my nose. I leave the footrest up.
Annabelle quietly asserted or inserted herself into the chair.
with this stranger in their little hierarchy, but I'm making sure to give extra lovin's and much brushing for the others. She has glommed on to me like a little monkey.

Sady is the worst grumpiest, Buster is the least affected. Just hissing a bit, establishing a personal space! Daisy is a bit worried.
Buster and Annabelle touched noses, at one point. I am confident they will integrate her. In the meantime, she sleeps between us, where Sady was sleeping in the bed. Sady is a little ticked off. She won the placement off of Buster.

MY ANTLER

My antler!
I was very excited that Bambi left me an antler! It's that time of year when they don't need them, the blood stops supporting their growth, and they drop or are knocked off. Two bucks were antler-wrestling (like arm wrestling?) , which I captured on video, and, perhaps, that is what did it. Do you suppose they are itchy, or just irritating, like my granddaughter's last loose tooth?!
*My* antler the day before!


Wasn't he nice to leave it for me?!

It was a cold one. I bundled up, with several layers. I even had to undo my coat at the neck! A yearling hunkered down in the sun under the tree. Annabelle, on my chair indoors in the sun.



My Walkies

There were some angel wings in the snow. Actually, the Wild turkey doing something important.


Trailcam

Big Daddy seems to like the trailcam, he keeps doing some photo bombs. I switched it from video to photos. It tells the temperature: -10 to -24 Tuesday night. Heaven knows why the last photo was taken. Snow? Wind? Ghosters? I keep seeing things in the forest as I walk. just out of the corner of my eye!



You can compare the size of Big Daddy's antlers with his younger friend. I don't how we will tell them apart once the antlers drop!

Broken ankle

Our poor deer, with the broken ankle, is still hobbling around. She favours it, licks it, and hobbles along.
At the end of the day, a sunset

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

What fun to have found the antler. It's easy to see that the cats think they are the rulers at your house. :))

Nancy J said...

Oh, this is such a heart-warming post, with Annabelle settling in,( and on your chair too) deer in the yard, and what is the red seat on skids? do you tow it behind a tractor? not a snow plough? Your Lazyboy chair is the same as Hugh's and when he tips it back and the foot rest is out, Felicity has ample room by his legs, BINGO for getting the XXOS size, made for man and felines together. Hugs to you all in that cold.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's a chair, Jean! Lots of fun.

William Kendall said...

The cats will gradually adjust again. My parents had an antler that had been recovered on the property. Left on their own in the elements, they don't last.

DeniseinVA said...

I always enjoy reading your posts Jenn. I also enjoyed your photos.

Kay said...

That's so neat that you have the discarded antler. That's pretty dangerous for a deer to have a broken antler, isn't it?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
You are finding warmth despite the temps Jenn! Well done on the antler... that ankle definitely looks like it got caught and there has been a lucky escape - those are excellent shots on it. YAM xx

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful nature photography! Divine!

Happy Weekend to you,
artmusedog and carol