Saturday 24 January 2015

Coyote and rabbit on video

I switched from photos to video settings, just for fun. Rabbit loped by, I repeated that on slow motion. Then, a couple of hours later, the coyote.

Coyote & rabbit from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks :: Wolf & Coyote Identification
Still, hubby heard a wolf in the forest. They tell us that it is a CoyWolf, a species cross between the Western coyote and the Eastern wolf. The tracks fit this, from the one hubby spotted in the backyard. Larger than the coyote tracks. Quite distinct. I hope to catch it on the Trailcam one day!

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Wascally wabbit! They certainly do blend in quite nicely with the surroundings.

Powell River Books said...

Mr. Rabbit better be careful. I hated it when the coyote pack came by our condo in California. I just knew someone's pet would disappear, and hopefully not mine. The thought of a CoyWolf is a bit scary. - Margy