Sunday 10 August 2014

Have you ever done a cleansing diet?


Chopping up a storm!
He's a good man, doing his Cleansing diet faithfully. It's three weeks... For a man who has never really cooked, he's cooking up a  storm. I try not to interfere, simply provide a couple of suggestions. The book does assume that you've been cooking for a number of years. There is dicing, for example. How big or small do you dice it?

 I've been sharing the fruits of his labours, as the recipes make 4 servings, for the most part, and you aren't to repeat in these diets. This is true of any food plan. We need variety. Also, organic fruits and veggies.

The poor man loathes quinoa and couscous, but these things make up a goodly portion of the recipes. Our Naturopath is very good, Dr. Jen, and well-worth the price of the supplements and the tests.  She put him on probiotics, which seem to be doing him some good. We are still awaiting the results of his Food Intolerance tests, struggling with some stomach issues we carry valiantly forward.

Hubby even offered to take me out for a glass of wine on a patio somewhere, while he could have water... I declined. That just doesn't seem right.

The brown rice is good, with a wide variety of recipes that are pleasing. The rice and apple porridge was great, as well as the hummous. As mentioned before, the Sweet Potato Salad is very good.
Sallie, featuring photos of Musk Ox and Prudhoe Bay, asked for the recipe, and here it is.
rice & apple porridge
New food processor
-I got that out of the deal!
It is wonderful.


slightly spicy hummous - yum


You chop, drizzle with EVOO then
bake the sweet potato and onions first!
You need glasses
to read the recipes!
These are Izzy's.


We found we didn't need to bake as long as they said.


The difficulty is that we cannot eat out, nor could hubby partake of Caitlin's birthday cake. We had an early one, just in case we don't see her on her birthday, Aug. 16th. My girl is 35 this year!
Josephine seems as thrilled as if it was her party!

I forgot to take a photo of her present (Caitlin?). I searched high and low for months for a 3-photo frame for a series of three photos of Jos doing her homework. I finally found a metal one, with an ugly black colour and so I spray painted it!
Caitlin's pre-birthday party!

Carrot cake!

11 comments:

Cloudia said...

Here's to you and yours for a healthy long life! 🚴

Debbie said...

it is so difficult to maintain any eating/diet change!! it is just wonderful that you are so thoughtful and supportive. it will go a long way in helping him stick with it!!!

William Kendall said...

Ah, to miss out on that birthday cake!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Very familiar with such diets being a Homoeopath; also as a vegetarian... quinoa is one of my favourites, but it is very very expensive here. I think it is wonderful how hubby is managing this for himself. Most of the men I know surrender responsibility to the wife! My good wishes for continued and improving benefits. YAM xx

Karen said...

It IS a lot of work, but hopefully it will be helpful. I am about due to have a go at it soon.

Red said...

Special diets area pain. However, if you are restricted you'd better like it.

Hilary said...

All of those dishes look quite yummy. But it's not fun to miss out on all the other things you like. I hope it all works out well.

EG CameraGirl said...

I have never done a cleansing diet but I have friends who swear by them. I wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you thank you Jenn for the recipe (and the mention/link-back) --- I put on my magnifying lenses and copied it down. Will make it as soon as we get back home (not a camping recipe, since all I have now is a microwave and electric skillet and two burners). But it sounds perfect for us in our "real life". We are trying hard to eat veg. centered meals (not too easy up here).

Again, congrats to your husband for all his work.

Christine said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter when it comes!

Kay said...

Hmmm... I really should try making a quinoa salad again. Good for hubby for being healthy! That cake looks yummy! Happy birthday, Caitlin!