Sunday 20 April 2014

NaPoWriMo Day 20 –whose voice?

Prompt Day 20
Today's challenge: to write a poem in the voice of a member of your family. This can be a
good way to try to distance yourself from your own experience, without reaching so far away from your own life that it’s hard to come up with specific, realistic details.

Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee

Gramma! Gramma!
I'm so excited!
We're here!
Let's go play in the meadow.
It's a puddle?
Let's put on our boots.
My boots are soaked!
Can we watch a movie?
We brought Frozen!
Let It Go! Let It Go! ♪♫
Are my boots dry yet?
Can we play in the sandbox?
Could you paint our nails?
Let's go down to the pond!
What's that over there?
What's that sound?
Why are they doing THAT?
Do we HAVE to leave?
What are you two doing?
Just twiddling our thumbs!


We had so much fun! A bullfrog tadpole. (They spend 2 years as a tadpole, unlike other frogs.)
I'd painted my toes. Caitlin her fingers. I did the girls' fingernails! Finally, lots of Wood frog eggs are in the pond. Of course, if you are handling frogs, you have to ensure your hands are clean. Their skin is susceptible to the natural oils, or other things on our hands.  I'd been playing in the pond water and don't use lotion before going down there. They breathe through their skins.


I made some videos:
  Just twiddling our thumbs.
Frog pond study: wood frog eggs in the pond
Meadow Puddle Play
The kids usually take a few goldfish home for the winter, here they are putting them back in for the season!

6 comments:

Roan said...

Such fun! Enjoyed the videos and liked hearing the frogs.The poem was great!

Christine said...

cute poem! Oh they must love it at grandmas!

William Kendall said...

A playful poem, Jennifer!

DeniseinVA said...

Loved watching all the videos with your grandkids, the frog eggs, fascinating. The laughter was infectious! Great post, great photos, great poem Jen, thank you :)

Carver said...

I love you writing from the viewpoint of your grandchildren. Fun shots too.

Debbie said...

awwww, your poem is just so sweet!! I don't have any grandchildren, but when I do, I hope it's just like this ;)