Saturday 1 February 2014

Paint Party Friday: daffodils

Paint Party Friday: Week 47, Year 3 Check-In

Better late to the party than never!
We were waiting in our motel room - for hubby's surgery the next day. I brought along my drawing tools to while away the time! I totally forgot I had an entry for it! I've been preoccupied!

Is it ever soothing to sit and draw!

I also wanted to draw examples of cells. I find it helps to understand 'normal' vs. abnormal cell growth.

Here are normals cells.



7 comments:

Faye said...

Your daffodils bring me hope that spring will indeed come one day! You are wise to carry along with you drawing materials when you are awaiting doctor visits or hospital procedures. I did that when I went to the liver transplant area where my husband received treatment. (Alas, he was too old for a transplant.) Having pencil and paper helped pass the time and was a great outlet for stress.

bellefrogworks said...

I so understand drawing being a diversion and relaxing. When my mom had her stroke 4 years ago I started doodling and that helped me while away the hours. Love the happy daffodils.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Diversionary daffs, well sort off, trying to be... Keep up your beautiful drawing.
Sending you hugs and sunshine from over here.
Have that camera ready for more wonderful wildlife :)
Wren x

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Daffodils - the ideal subject; hope springs eternal. YAM xx

EG CameraGirl said...

I hope your husband is recuperating well!

Annabelle said...

Our furry creatures always know when we are under the weather; very attuned, sometimes more then humans ; )
Loving the happy bright sunny yellow daffodils, they always remind me of Doctor Zhivago and Will's poem.Art always helps : )
Wishing your hubby a good recovery.

Annabelle xx

DVArtist said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I hope everything is OK. I have a candle of healing energy burning for you.
Nicole/Beadwright