Saturday 15 February 2014

Crazy cat critters - they have a story

Blue Jay gives woodpecker a look!
Daisy relaxes, gazing down
at the cactus, a gift from Nancy!
The bird feeder has been busy. The woodpecker ignores the glare of the Blue Jay! The cats sit and stare up at them.

 Buster likes his outdoor time. Come hell or high water, winter storm, what have you. 

The problem is, if we aren't quick enough, he'll stand on his hind legs, and leave his cat paw prints on the window. 

I made the mistake of trying to give them a quick clean. The glass cleaner froze on the window, as it was subzero weather!

Do you think I need to wash the windows?
I tried!

I have learned my lesson. Cleanliness is next to... impossible!

Daisy relaxes on the caterpillar indoors, while Buster sets on his bench, waiting for someone to notice that he wants in.

Daisy is quite the young cat. At about 18 months old (we're not entirely sure), she is my shadow, but she also looks after her brother.
He, in turn, grooms his little sisters.

Cozy back indoors

Buster Brown wanted to go outside at bedtime, out the bedroom door. He has his own cat door out the screen door from the Muskoka Room.

Fair enough. Go out and play!
I usually hear him at the door and let him back in.

I konked out early last night, as did hubby. It's been quite a time we've had with healthcare. We're easing back into 'normal.'

Can you see his head?
Lo and behold, in the wee hours, Daisy was at the bottom of the bed, meowing for all she was worth, "Timmy's in the well!"

Nope. Can't keep my eyes open!
Actually, Buster wanted in, no one was paying attention, and she wanted someone to know.

Hubby let him in, and all was well with the world, again.




Hello, I am happy to see some new blogging friends linking up with my Saturday Critter party.. I do appreciate all my blogging friends. If you have a critter post new or old, I hope you will link up and join in on the fun. February 14-17 is the Great Backyard Bird Count.. It is a Citizen Science P
Buster on his bench. Waiting patiently, whilst glaring!
Daisy was a bit sleepy,
sitting on her gramma's green afghan.

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cute post, I enjoyed seeing your birds and the cute kitties. I made the same mistake with the window cleaner, too cold out there. Thank you for linking up to my Saturday's critter party. Have a happy weekend!

TexWisGirl said...

the freezing window cleaner was funny. :)

Debbie said...

my feeders are a "hot spot" as well!! what beautiful kitties!!

have a happy weekend!!

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely smiley post :). Very cute kitties and a lovely bird shot.

Unknown said...

They're adorable!

Adam Jones said...

Great to see birds on the feeder.

Ela said...

Beautiful pictures.
Daisy is so sweet and very lovely :)
Have a nice Sunday

Hilary said...

Those cats are so sweet. You should see all the critter prints on my window.. the cats paw the glass, and press their noses against it. The dog licks it maniacally if anyone is outside shoveling or spreading food for the birds or the deer.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Love the Blue Jay looking daggers at the Woodpecker who is yelling back between mouthfuls:'take me on if you like, first in best dressed'
Gorgeous cats - what's a few paw marks on the windows between friends!
Wren x

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh Daisy - I'm feeling pretty much the same and it's only 9am... Hope you are all having a peaceful and restorative Sunday. Blessings. YAM xx

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful critter photos ~ love the kitties ~ so sweet ~ thanks for visiting and commenting ~ xxx

artmusedog and carol
www.acreativeharbor.com

Karen said...

Love the mucky window story. I have one of those too. The dog and two of the cats like to watch the road from there. I've washed the window and sill so much that the paint needs to be refreshed on the sill. When people are coming to the house I always rush to do a quick swipe. That's why there is a spray bottle of glass cleaner and a roll of paper towels hiding behind the chair at the bottom of the stairs.