Friday 21 February 2014

Cats; what a crew

Dorah checks out the sleeping Sadie.
We didn't tell Sadie it's a dog bed!
It's that time of year. Sadie has her 'spa day' on Monday, the other cats on Tuesday. Last year, we tried to pick her up, and it didn't go well. Buster went into the vet alone.

It took Sadie a couple of days to calm down before hubby, the only person in the world who can, could pick her up.
If I approach her (I'm the disciplinarian), I can pet her with one hand. If I use two hands, she spooks and runs off, knowing there will be trouble.

The kittens, on the other hand, play in our carrier.

Dorah decides to have a nap on my late mother's afghan.
Fortunately, Sadie didn't wake up while she was peeking.
It's important to keep their shots up-to-date, but it isn't cheap. Veterinarians have high overhead, expensive equipment, as well as education to pay for, methinks.

Sadie mushes a catnip ball
Daisy is terribly interested 
She gives Daise a growl!

One of the kittens
headed for high ground
on her first vet visit!
Sadie and Buster at the vet in Muskoka.

Buster is pretty comfortable
at the vet's, although, last
year, there was a dog barking
and he trembled the whole time.
Buster likes the vet!

3 comments:

Ela said...

So sweet pictures :)
Have a lovely weekend :)

DeniseinVA said...

Sweet kitties, I guess universally they don't like going to the vets ;)

eileeninmd said...

I think I would be nervous taking the kitties to the vet. MY Goldie Girl loves car rides but she hates going to the vet. They are all cute kitties. Have a happy weekend!