Monday 16 December 2013

It was chaos at the creche scene!





  


The creche is out. They keep stealing Shaun sheep!
This year, the creche scene is up. Finished one year (1992?) on Christmas Eve. They were lovingly made from directions in some women's magazine. You roll cereal box cardboard into a cone, using styrofoam balls, covered with recycled cloth diapers, as their heads. (By 1992 all the kids were toilet trained in my house!) I loved those cloth diapers. We sat on the floor folding them.

made a YouTube video of the story, Sadie was a bad little girl - onceuponatime. This morning, I had to send in the MASH helicopter (AKA hubby) as the shepherd was down again, his sheep somewhat mangled by a horrible beast.

Despite Father Christmas and a large cat on guard duty...


P1010002.JPGThe shepherds, no longer abiding in the fields.  Unfortunately, the 2013 cats are up to no good, too.

P1010006.JPGP1010004.JPG
P1010004.JPG The Magi arrived with their gifts. 



But later that day,
someone knocked one faithful shepherd flat.  

P1010005.JPG
This one took a header on the manger. 
He needed stitches. 
 It was chaos.
P1010002.JPGP1010003.JPGMary was slapped silly. Quick reflexes saved the day. A nearby Persian caught her. But what a scene.
After picked themselves up they wondered: 
"Who could have been responsible for it all? 
"Last year Max, the other cat, ate the last sheep.", said a king.

"Two years before it was Sable!" said a shepherd. 


"Who me?", said Sady-the-Innocent, -new to the flock. She was sitting beside her friend Frosty, who might also need a quick cuff...  

  


P1010007.JPG
The angel's light shone down. 
I will be a good girl, she promised. 

 And they all lived to celebrate another Christmas!
¸.•*¨*•♪♫♫♪Merry Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ *Jenn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL
Our daughter's family just adopted two 3month old kittens ... and one quickly discovered the tree in the family room. I'm sure I'll be hearing stories of kitties in the tree soon.

Cynthia said...

I'm laughing! My cat is not a kitten anymore and still every year we go through the same thing: me setting up the figures in the morning and her creating chaos in the night. We each enjoy the traditions of Christmas in our own way, u have concluded.

Karen said...

I'm putting up a full sized tree for the first time in the lives of my three girls. I carefully sorted the balls and packed away the glass things I inherited from a dear, now deceased friend. A quick trip to the dollar store topped up my stash. Now lets see how this plays out!
Someone told me those air freshener things that spray whenever anyone walks by it work really well to keep the cats at bay. I just can't figure out how to make it work without putting up with the obnoxious smells from the thing. HMmmm.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
MOL!! Thank goodness there was a journalist close by to record the mayhem... (my own pets and Christmas experience is coming up on Monday.) YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Kitties are having just a little fun! Funny story and post. Have a happy day!

Powell River Books said...

It's hard to stay upset with kitties. - Margy