Saturday 3 August 2013

Maxville's Glengarry Highland Games –sights and sounds


Quigley Highlanders Pipe and Drums  from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
What fun at the Glengarry Highland Games.
The Quigley Highlanders Pipes and Drums group is fabulous. Spit and polish.

18th Century Musket Review


18th Century Musket Review from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
Fabulous kilts and uniforms at the Glengarry highland games

Sheep Dog Demonstration-Werner Reitboeck- Navall Farm

 
Sheepdog herding sheep from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
Sheep Dog Demonstration –Werner Reitboeck- Navall Farm. He began with his older, experienced 'retired' dog. Then showed how much training can do and how the younger, 4-year-old dog, had herding instincts. It was amazing how the dogs sit, watching his face, total adoration, just waiting to get going.

  1. Border Collie FAQ> - Navall Farm Border Collies

    www.workingbordercollies.ca/BorderCollieFAQ.htm
    Feb 3, 2012 - If you have any specific question ...and I shall do my best to ... I personally would only buy a border collie from a working home - sheepdog trialling (ISDS style) or farm work. ... Werner Reitboeck,

Throwing heavy things around!

 
Throwing from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Gracious, at the risk of boring the brogues off you, I have to share something... this is no less than the third blog today in which I find myself faced with the land of my birth, my homeland!!! "So what", you ask?

I have yet to announce this publicly (ie via my own blog), but I may as well bite the bullet right here because three's a charm... After a quarter century and sojourns in vast and foreign lands I shall be returning to Scotland by the end of this year. All these posts have pulled at the heart-strings and confirmed I have made a good decision.

Especially loved the vid of the collie at work - grew up with working collies of course, my grandfather being a traditional shepherd.

Thank you for your comments over at MY TAKE. Love and hugs, YAM xx

George said...

Thanks for the memories. Your wonderful videos reminded me of how much I enjoyed the Highland Games at Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina many years ago.

Red said...

These are great events to go to. Listening to live music is much better than just hearing it.

DeniseinVA said...

I went to one of these in Virginia a few years ago. Absolutely loved it. Thanks for all the great videos. I remember falling in love with the sheepdogs (and sheep) as they went through their paces.

Kay said...

This really looks like a LOT of fun! Those collies are so amazing.