Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Helpful critters eating bugs!

There are so many bugs and they have many predators. Thankfully! 
This fuzzy wuzzy I have to identify

Killdeer in Chesterville,
where they were looking for evidence
in the Winchester murder.

Bee on sunflower
Yellow warbler


Yellow warbler from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
Daisy and I were doing yard work. Daisy hid under the branches I'd trimmed. Overhead we spotted a warbler. Great little bug catcher! It was watching us, showing off the bug in its beak. I love the twitchy tail!

9 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely selection of nature photos and I enjoyed the video, thank you :)

TexWisGirl said...

i need a few (hundred) more bug-eaters here! :)

Kay L. Davies said...

Your unidentified flying object looks like a cross between a fly and a bee.
Have to check this out on my other browser so I can watch the video.
K

Kay L. Davies said...

Your yellow warbler is adorable. For some reason I thought I'd hear it warble. Duh. Not with a bug in its beak. I should try napping again, there's something wrong with my thinker.
K

Cloudia said...

Munch munch :-)



Aloha

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What a gorgeous set! I was fascinated by the 'killdeer' - as an avid 'twitcher' I had never heard this name before and was sure I was looking at some sort of plover - so I did what any modern researcher would do (you know what I mean!)... and it is a plover right enough but it seems the name comes from it's call. Have you heard it I wonder??

The new banner pic is a stunner, BTW! YAM xx

Phil said...

If it wasn't for the birds we humans soon be knee deep in insects, that is providing the bugs hadn't already eaten us alive.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Nice job showcasing these hardworking (THANKFULLY) bug-predators!

Kay said...

I wish we had more birds who would eat the termites. That would help.