Saturday 1 June 2013

Internet use, worldwide trends; KPCB Internet Trends 2013

Here is an interesting study of internet use, worldwide trends, KPCB Internet Trends 2013 by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
May 29, 2013
The latest edition of the annual Internet Trends report finds continued robust online growth. There are now 2.4 billion Internet users around the world, and the total continues to grow apace. Mobile usage is expanding rapidly, while the mobile advertising opportunity remains largely untapped. The report reviews the shifting online landscape, which has become more social and content rich, with expanded use of photos, video and audio.

Looking ahead, the report finds early signs of growth for wearable computing devices, like glasses, connected wrist bands and watches - and the emergence of connected cars, drones and other new platforms.

Here are some snippets, the full PPT slideshow is below.
 
 

3 comments:

Christine said...

interesting...I'm not sure about the wearable devices myself, too cumbersome at this point.

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the dandelion photo, Jenn. So sweet! And all four cats in a row, too.
Interesting facts and figures about internet growth. I remember the first time I saw a computer with Internet, and I was not impressed. I used computerized typesetting equipment for many years pre-Internet, and couldn't figure out why looking at pictures from short and long distances away would be of any use to me.
LOL
If I had known then that we'd some day have cars that parallel-park themselves, I'd have been impressed, and saved up all my money from then until now just to get one.
The world has been full of surprises for people my age. I remember when one of my nieces started using Facebook, I couldn't understand why she would bother, when she had a perfectly good telephone.
Sigh.
Take care.
Luv, K

Kay said...

It's nice to be back in the U.S. I was surprised to be completely cut off from my blog in China. I also couldn't Google or Facebook. All were blocked. We are starting to take so much for granted here in the west.