Sunday 5 August 2012

Look at our wee, dear visitor this morning!

 At 8:18 this morning, our quiet visitors, who usually chomp away on my hosta, suddenly were quite out in the open in my backyard.

 I think she was hoping to drink from the bird bath water I put out for our parched critters.
How sweet they are, and I do not mind sharing both our water and my hosta!

The photos are not great, but were taken through the sliding glass doors, which need a good washing. I loathe washing windows during a drought, however! Just seems wrong!

The white rail was a bit of a barrier, I had to stand on my tip toes!

I keep a bird bath filled with water. The squirrels and other critters have enjoyed the water.
Later in the afternoon, Bambi came back for a drink. I cannot imagine why she was so hesitant. Maybe a chipmunk jumped out at her once? Look at that stretch!

3 comments:

Red said...

Cool! My fiend caught a moose having a drink out of his bird bath. and then these are only the ones we see!

Linda said...

Good for you keeping water for the critters. You are a good lady, Jenn!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So sweet! Love the one where she's drinking out of the bucket -- nice for you to have it there.