Friday 9 March 2012

Crespular clouds - live and learn!

One or more of these cloud formations is NOT a crespular cloud. Can you figure out which one?!



One of my favourite headers, from Long Lake, Bala, in winter.









I learned the term from a tweet by a young, professional photographer, who was on his way out to see if he could capture some near sunset.

 Thats exactly what they're called. They're some of my favourite atmospherics. Always nice to see and photograph crespular rays!

Please visit David here:

Welcome to David T. Chapman's Fine Art Photography

Skywatch Friday Season 5; episode 35!

5 comments:

Pearl said...

I'm going to say last one, lower right.

Am I right? Do I win a cloud? :-)

Pearl

p.s. Re: your picture of the garbage you pick up, in Minneapolis, I do the same. There are people who are okay with dropping their litter wherever they are. I'm not one of them, and it seems one of my roles in life is to pick up after these people. Sigh. I'm resigned to my fate. :-)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful by any name.

HansHB said...

Stunning!
I wish you a nice weekend!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Great cloud formations and photography, regardless of terminology!

Whispering Thoughts said...

Clouds galore and they are all captured very nicely.
Regards,
Ruby