Monday 24 October 2011

Happy bird tale; Mr. Mole, a sad tale

Yes, I've been having fun watching by 6-month-old kittens. This is a sort of follow-up to my series on my cat's catches:
There was 
a snake 

They haven't caught a frog (yet), but have tried.
Buster went after a praying mantis, which I rescued.
Felix wisely just watched the turkeys.
The other day I spotted all three cats around my pond. Can you spot them?
Correction, I have two black kittens, hubby has one cat, Sadie - the tabbie, who is the queen. Hint: Buster likes to hide under things, just in case her sister gives him a whack. 

Don't know what I was thinking plant 'fall crocus', too cold and often rainy, to sit out and observe them.

They love the birds on the lawn.
Here's Felix giving them a bit of exercise. They scold him from the tree.


But one day, they did find a mole. It's hard work. They sat taking turns on top of the septic system, where the varmints were digging underground. Felix took the longest shift.
First you spot the mound of dirt.
Then you pounce with two cat-like paws and, well, doggy-dig as fast as you can.
Felix's hard digging pays off...


Felix quite proud of his mole capture
-other cat looks up at me with horror!
Buster hovered.

Poor Mr. Mole, love the digging toes and snout

2 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

How sad about Mr. Mole! But cats do what they must do to protect you, Jenn.

Kay L. Davies said...

The last of the great (black) white hunters! You'll never protect everything from those two, Jenn. I can see it being a lost cause to even try.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel