Wednesday 29 June 2011

Big storm June 28 causes Kanata housefire

The storm hit us in Lanark County on the way to Ottawa. We simply had our eaves overflow. No trees went down this time. Actually, I haven't walked about yet. Perhaps there are!



This mysterious person videotaped a big fire in Ottawa.
Funny how people don't include their names! I've had several interviews with folks interested in my Muskoka storm, and G8 videos and photos. Lots of people want to see what has gone in in the region.
You can click on the YouTube logo to visit his YouTube page. Very scary to see a house on fire. I have memories of a church burning in the night. I was a kid, perhaps 45 years ago.



Trees fell on our 16 acres from last storm, but in the forest this is normal. It makes way for the saplings to get light.






3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Y'all have been hit hard lately and we have gotten next to nothing but heat. Though we did get almost a half inch the other night so it's better than it was.

EG CameraGirl said...

That's a LOT of water! We've had a bit more than usual too but I never even thought to take a video of it. I really do seem to think of one still shot at a time, I'm afraid. :)

Olga said...

This has not been the most pleasant of summers here--lots of wind and rain, a good day thrown in every week or so to keep us hopeful.