Thursday 28 April 2011

Damage in Lanark County

Obviously, compared to the US, the damage is much less severe. But when you look at the trees that are down, you shudder.

I didn't realize the damage until I drove into town.

Here I was, on my way to do some friendly visiting in the local long-term care.

The news says: 30 - 40 lights out in downtown Ottawa.

 Ottawa Public Health 
We are distributing free bottled water at the Munster Community Centre (58 Dogwood Drive) until 10 p.m. tonight


In Perth, highway #511 is closed. Just closed!

 This poor woman ended up off the road, just nudged the tree. I drove by, then realized it wasn't a parking spot. She told me she'd called CAA, and they were on their way. I asked if she wanted me to stay with her till they arrived (my friendly seniors could wait for me!), but she said she was much better than 15 minutes ago, and better all around!

 This is a field, on which these trusses have sat all winter. They've truly been destroyed.

Two of them have a tractor that must be weighing them down, to prevent further damage.
 My heart goes out to this business.

Then, I went up to Sunset Blvd., they had issues, too. This huge tree was directly across the hydro wire. By the time I visited my senior friends, it had been but into pieces. Go, Lanark!
A little farther down the road, a light standard looked somewhat tipsy!

I was quite happy to relax and visit in the long-term care.

The rescue cats were ambling about.
I played my recorder for a few people. I felt much more relaxed when I returned home!


2 comments:

Cloudia said...

Canada TOO!?



Aloha from Waikiki


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

Olga said...

We have similar wind damage here in Vermont--along with flooding. The weather certainly has taken a destructive turn lately. It's almost a matter of waiting for the second shoe to drop.