Sunday 19 September 2010

Who lurks?

Last summer drinks on the patio
Are you worried about your 'followers'? I am not. I began this blog for the kids. I let them know what we were up to. Shared photos about the things that were happening in the world.

My kids call me when they need advice, not daily, but definitely when things happen. e.g., when granddaughter #1 swallowed some spare change! (My advice, these things pass in time!)

I have a sitemeter on my blog that tells me I have about 115 hits per day!

Other than than, my target audience is my family, friends, and whomever else pops in. Commenting on the local businesses, great restaurants, artisans, festivals and fairs, garners me a wider team of people who love this part of the world!
Last Long Lake visit

Of course, if you have G8 move in to your neck of the woods, you'll get all sorts of strangers who visit, too!
Sometimes, people looking for cottage country information pop in to check out the weather. It's looking red these days!

Remember, doesn't matter who reads your story, as long as you tell it, it is good for you! Almost as good as putting words to music.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Agreed!

Lorac said...

Absolutely! A lot of bloggers started as a way to keep in touch with their families. A lot less expensive than a long distance phone call. I started as a way to relax when I was laid off . I was bored to tears being off work!

W.C.Camp said...

Keep on keeping on. Always love your pictures and take on local events - uh and can you help me ... I ate a big bowl of sugar sweetened 'Twonies' and I'm feeling a bit bloated! W.C.C.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You're preaching to the choir here Jenn! With our traveling lifestyle, that's exactly why we started blogging. We talk to the kids on the phone and by e-mail too, but blogging was to share pictures and more comments than we could make in e-mail. The phone is for us to hear about their life!

Vagabonde said...

Thanks for coming to my blog while I was away. In all I’ve been away from the computer almost 5 weeks and have a lot to catch up. I read your posts and again deplored all the drowning deaths in your lake. Driving to Tennessee then also down to Savannah I saw many crazy drivers. Last Friday my husband observed a woman driving a school bus of all things and messaging at the same time! on the freeway… I do not know where you bought your new house but I hope you will be happy there. It is always very stressful to move unfortunately.
We had cooler weather in Savannah than here near Atlanta where it has been over 90 degrees for 81 days already – today it is 95. (90 = 32C, 95 = 35C) The weatherman says that we won’t get into the 80s until next week, maybe. So I stay indoor mostly.