Tuesday 4 May 2010

'He who dies with the most tools wins'

This is what I write for part of my dad's eulogy, as Dad had the most tools of any man I know.
He won, for sure!
I was so proud of the work he did around the house.


Muskoka needs a variety of equipment for rain snow, sleet or hail. Any ground work must blast through granite rock, or on ice.

Trees are tall, and threaten hydro wires.

The railway is an important part of the history of this region. There are great machines for this purpose, too.












Between construction and repairs, Muskoka will win, too.

8 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love machinery. The photo of the old truck is my favorite.

Jenn Jilks said...

I knew you'd like that, Yogi! I love to toy trucks beside it. This is a photo at our local cranberry bog, the kids must play there!

Reader Wil said...

There's a lot of work going on in your area! In my country most wires are under ground fortunately, as we have no rocks.

Reader Wil said...

I wish you a healthy grandbaby!! I forgot to write that!

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,
I'm not much of a tool gal although I can do quite a few things around the house myself!:) But thanks for the great post.
I appreciate the note about the fire ban. I am always worried when I watch that arrow head to extreme hazard, as I have a dug well.
I was VERY glad for that rain on the weekend!

Ellie

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The toy trucks by the big construction pieces is a priceless picture and brings back memories of marveling at how little boys are just born knowing how trucks go "Vroom Vroom"....

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: Certainly a lot of fun on all that equipment.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

A lot of work and what a lot of equipment.

Where are you? How far are you from Windsor? I went to Windsor Univ in the 70s.