Wednesday 24 March 2010

Now what do you think they are up to?

Has to be new signage for the G8!

Can't wait!!!

While the deer are less visible, with snow virtually gone, I still drive checking the ditches for them.

Some dude in a BIG pickup truck was nudging my rear bumper, I pulled over to let him pass. With the sun right there, blame a teacher if he cannot read it!


♪♫ Sign, sign, everywhere a sign...♪♫
Oh, no. It's only a graphic!

He passed me, and ramped up his speed, again.
The next sign (no photo!) said 'Deer Winter Area = 8 km'.

I slowed down, better to breath the fresh aroma of spring, when I spotted HIM slowing down. Off to the speedy truck driver's left were two deer waiting to cross the road. He seemed to get the point.

He slowed down for about 3 km, then revved it up to warp speed again, late for something.

I paused to watch the deer cross the road. grabbing my camera, clicking as fast as I could.

They are amazing, are they not?


After driving around the area last weekend, I spotted my friends, the deer, in the middle of the road! Irony of irony.
My, my, after leaving my Hospice Client who said there were few in the area now.



Our friends in Wahta were saying the same thing: driving around, looking for deer or moose, then spotting one in your driveway.

I blame the cosmic joker!!!

Truth is, slow down, be careful. This is the season for critters abroad.

From a guest post about a deer accident:

We were at the hospital for 8 hours. She had no broken bones, did not need any stitches but we helped the nurse remove between 50-75 pieces of chard glass from her face.[His wife]
 

These are big creatures, judging by the size of the tracks beside my boot. I posted previously about a memorial: a moose collision that took the life of an OPP member.


Don't pick them up
let them be free
the way mother nature
meant them to be



Watch for lots of folks on the roads!!!

4 comments:

Kahshe Cottager said...

The bears are out and about around here now. I am taking my feeders down this weekend as I really don't want any bear visitors! The turkeys are back also after an absence this winter. We haven't seen any since last April. I wonder if someone has been feeding them elsewhere as we usually see them all winter.

Friko said...

travelling by bicycle might be an ides during this season.
You appear to be blessed with a multitude of wildlife.
take care of it and teach others to do likewise.

Could you tell me what your template is; presumably it is blogger.com?

Jain said...

a-MAZ-ing deer photos, Jenn! I like the critter crossing signs, too!

Unknown said...

Ah, there are some fresh looking scratches around our garage door.... telling me the bears are back. Which means, must take down feeders and MUST remember garbage day- no leaving it in the garage till "next week"... I love spring! :D