Tuesday 8 December 2009

What can it be?

I love Fishing Guy's mysteries. And Bonnie who delightedly celebrate Oopsies that become works of art. This shot was the best I could do. It occurred to me that it was a great mystery shot, except for some eagle eyes who know what is what!

Can you tell what it is?!


I had fun and shovelled the deck this morning, after listening to a Toronto broadcast that predicts 'first snowfall of the season'! Maybe south of here... :-)  Friday last, "Huntsville OPP has attended over 20 motor vehicle collisions since Friday morning.  There were no reported injuries as a result of the collisions, mostly vehicles going into the ditch." Road conditions can be checked online through the MTO.

Driving home last night from my Hospice Muskoka volunteer celebration night (more later!), it was tricky driving. Beautiful, but tricky! You just have to have snow tires, and to drive keeping an eye out for others. I was passed by someone speeding too fast for road conditions, driving very quickly. Usually, I just pull over. It is not worth the fear factor or the stress! You never know when an animal will walk out of the forest, too. 


I still pause, and take a breath as I view the precious world around me.


This mornings vista demanded a walk on the wild side. Mergansers are still foraging for fish down the lake. But the ice at the shoreline, while fragile, is a portent of things to come.
To keep things bright indoors, I have planted some bulbs. It was a project I did with students many years ago. We measured them, photographed them, and enjoyed them! Brings back the olden days!

I must admit to my gardening expert readers to not having cleared the gardens. The tub on the Flower Rock sprouts frozen snapdragons, the ice in the middle ground.




MWT White

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful, snowy shots! Well, at this time of year I guess it's hard to ignore the cold -- I couldn't!

Have a great week and stay warm!

Sylvia

Mary said...

Your snow looks very pretty! I'm never good at the guessing games.

Judy said...

I am going to say your mystery object is a bird flying away! Or do you want a species?
I love the tub with the snapdragons in! I have been wandering about photographing all the seedpods and other bits of plants. Including some pansies from across the street. Snapdragons would be fine too.

Lucy said...

Beautiful at your lake!

Gaelyn said...

I'm thinking it's a bird flying also. Don't know what kind. Your snow is pretty, but you can keep it.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: I going to have to say it is a grouse in the mystery photo. They are such fast flyers.