Monday 9 November 2009

Is it a bird? or a plane?

The sights and sounds of Muskoka are wonderful. Here are a few for you!

After a glorious fall day, I spotted some fauna still about. Not truly 'Indian Summer' since we haven't had a good frost yet, but a warm day that exceeded all temperature predictions. Many were out and about on the land and in the air.

Raking leaves, on the gravel driveway in my t-shirt, was a lovely treat. With the thermometer on the deck registering 16 C., it was bliss.



The melifluous song of a chain saw prevailed again; planes were about. (I counted 3, captured 2 - no guns, just the camera!)

Oliver and Sady were playing 'chase me', having a blast.

.

The bugs were about; lots of ladybugs today, plus spiders, and grasshoppers. Oliver managed to snag 2 or 3.
And he is still hungry!





The pond, with a skim of ice the other day, has warmed up.

The ducks were happily patrolling the shore line.



The light levels are very tricky, with the sun low in its penumbral solstice.

I must say that I realized it was a working meditation as I have learned to sit, wait and be patient to get the shot.


But to get to my mystery...
what do you think this is?

5 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Looks like a nice day.

Is it a fish?

Mary said...

Good mystery...turtle?

EG CameraGirl said...

The weather was wonderful this weekend, wasn't it? I have no idea what your final photo is of. Hmmm.

Gaelyn said...

Nice to still have a few warm days to get out and enjoy. Looks like the cats are having fun. Even enlarged I can't tell what the mystery animal is.

foto CHIP said...

Looks to be a very relaxing place :)