Monday 28 September 2009

Duck, duck, goose!

At home, Brian reads, while the geese feed. Yes, they are still here, munching away on my clover. GLorious September!

Brian sits reading, on a lovely afternoon. Still, the geese visit. I went down to sit with him. Unfortunately, Oliver came down with me. He ran towards the geese and scared them off. They are 3 times his size!

So glad the geese are still here. The water hyacinth, which they decimated in June, have now died. The temperatures are just too cool. They will leave us soon.

We were taking a drive...on our way into town for my book signing.


What could cause a traffic jam on highway #169?

A snapping turtle crossing the road! Nothing like my big snapping turtle from July!






Don't self-publish... it only costs you money! The ad, selling it from your car, tearing around trying to flog it.

After my big book signing, we decided to go the the Bala Bay for dinner. Right now they are open W/Th/ and on the w/e.

Soon, they, too will be closed. There were a lot of people all dressed up. It was rather fun!

Lo and behold, it was over run with wedding guests! I had dressed up and wait staff thought we were wedding guests, too. It was a bit noisy, we were quite fatigued, and we pretty much ate and ran leaving the young people to their party!


6 comments:

Jain said...

I love the colour in the first photo, so crisp and clean! I hope the turtle successfully crossed the road. I bet your booksigning was fun – I’ve only been on the buyer side of the table. Have a pleasant week, Jenn!

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'd love to sit out there surrounded by geese as I read....

Glad your book signing went well...

Judy said...

You talk about Oliver chasing the geese away - when I was a child, we had a cat named Snoopy who chased a cow that was pastured in the field over the back fence. Okay, it was just a heifer...
There are days when I wonder why I watch TV.

Jenn Jilks said...

Judy, You are so funny! But, we feel the same. Just watching our wildlife is fun!

Barrie said...

glad to hear your book signing went well! and it's so weird to think of you eating dinner where I've eaten. Small world!

Powell River Books said...

When I taught kindergarten, Duck Duck Goose was one of the favourite games we played. Wayne self publishes all of his books and I know what you mean about flogging books. We do fairly well here in Powell River, but trying to reach the rest of the world is a huge challenge. - Margy