Thursday 24 September 2009

Daddy long legs

Things are normal in Muskoka. Normal this summer is rain in the morning and sun in the afternoons. Great days to read by the lake.

We've had some warm, humid weather, and great sheets of rain. I get up to take a photo and the cat takes my spot. Notice my fancy footstool!

Normal in Muskoka: 3 seasons of bugs, construction & snow, not mutually exclusive! But these days have been glorious. Every day is a gift!

The daddy long legs were having a three-way fight on the arm of the bench, oblivious to me. They all shook hands and went on their merry way. How like the animal world to NOT fight to the death! Sady-cat was no help at all.


Normal: construction: Port Carling is having a makeover of their sidewalks.

But, these days are nearly over. We shall have to bundle up for our afternoons by the lake. We've sat there in freezing temperatures, as my faithful readers have seen in my Ode to Spring. Wine by the lake in the snow is fun, too!
The blue heron sits in the sunset, anxious to fuel up for the long flight south. She is more tolerant of my presence,
The women in the canoe scared her off.

But she came back later in the evening.

5 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I think spiders are fun to watch, from a little distance that is. But I really like the Daddy longlegs and have never been afraid of them, even before I knew their mouths are too small to bite us.

Love your leisurely life along the lake Jenn. The swing looks like a great place to sit and read.

Lorac said...

Just like a cat!! Things are looking distinctly fallish there. A little less so here. Such a nice time of year and it sounds like your weather is grand!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I get no respect on my chair. I get up and everybody from the kid down to the dogs and cats just feel free to take it.

Michelle B. Hendry said...

That's something my cat would do!
We sit low here and the trees are barely showing change. I have had so little time to get out! Thinking I had better so I don't miss the colour...

Jenn Jilks said...

I am glad to know it's not just hubby's cat!!!
She really is not my friend. She adores him, however. And this is why we adopted cat #3, for me! Thank you for your murmurings of sympathy!