Friday 31 July 2009

Skywatch: soaring

Look to the skies! It's Skywatch Friday, again. skywatch
~~~~~~~~~
I used to dream I could fly
If I could I would
I'd wait for the sun to rise
Sail above sparkling water,
Still ponds and shadowed forests.
Tolkein trees would wave at me in delight

Flying high with the birds
Rich sounds rise from their throats
Sirens who would herald me
Those who soar in circles
Seen keening by the shore
Similarly seeking sources of solace
Would sail away on the wind

I, too, seek comfort

...In the sparling waters
...In the deep richness of the land
...In the enduring beauty of nature
...In the perfume of pine and cedar
...The green of the moss that beckons bare toes

I would if I could
Fly high above the trees
The emerald teal of the mallard
The fauna sing in chorus
Spring peepers laud the journey
Wind rustles the tall grass as I pass

Fly away from the noise of
Man's inhumanity to Mother Nature
Soar, rise, fear no more
Smoke rises from afar
Sludge fills her waters
Plastic her lakeshores
We can give back her due
Honour and laud her
Stop the destruction of her lakes and trees
Respect her wisdom
She cries as winds rise


2 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

Lovely composite of Muskoka skies and nature!

Carolyn said...

Jenn, thank you for this lovely post. The verse and your video just wrapped me up and took flight.
Have a great weekend and be safe.
Blessings and smiles