Sunday 17 May 2009

happy birds!


I love watching the birds. They are frantic, however. I take my photos with a Canon EOS Rebel XT. Setting it on automatic high speed, outdoor setting, I had trouble making it focus on the near distance bird feeder. I put it on manual focus, focused it again, and simply pointed and shot away. Careful culling of the photos, and photoshopping them in iPhoto, I found some lovely flashes of colour.































Feed the birds/Show them you care/While all around the birds fill the air!!

It is chaos at the bird feeder. They all try to find pecking position. They eat 4" of seed a day, hungry from winter and ready to start their mating season.


The yellow goldfish seems camera shy. I had trouble getting a shot...

I put the photos into an iMovie, with music added: The Garden of Birds and Flowers; by the late Oliver Schroer. He had such a respect for living things. He did much to leave a legacy in the next generation.

His funeral last year was a celebration of life. He lives, still, in his music, in his legacy and on YouTube.
Oliver Schroer: A Thousand Thank-Yous

2 comments:

Judy said...

So glad I am not the only one having trouble getting a shot of the goldfinches. Around here, they are taking over the cardinals spots, at the tops of the trees, only they are more skittish about having their pictures taken. Thanks for identifying my pasque flowers!

Jenn Jilks said...

You're welcome, Judy. I just wish I could remember where my pasque flower resides- here, somewhere on my property, or in another garden I had once-upon-a-time!