Friday 13 February 2009

Tree of Knowledge

The night envelopes me with dark wings
For eons now I have seen my possibilities
dropping like decaying fruit from my tree of life
One by one they plummet
bound by the gravitational pull of this 4th dimension
becoming impossibilities
broken dreams
crumbling over time.

Yet, as I open my eyes,
I perceive fireflies flickering amongst the trees
There is a shadow,
An elfin creature waves a wand of magic
His eyes twinkling in the dark
as he sprinkles pixie dust
in this my dreary night.
The flickering spheres have risen
from the ashes of despair
transformed from impossibilities into probabilities.
They arise, like the Phoenix,
Glowing with energy
precariously positioned in the branches.

Once, Was it only yesterday?,
I let my heart rule my head
But my vision has cleared.
I see the dawn peering hesitantly over the horizon.
The winds of change have risen with the sun
They embrace me, comfort me
Then they rustle the leaves
to add harmony to the rising octave
sending me to the higher sphere.

The chains I chose have loosened
and set me free
with the knowledge
that we are free to choose;
a prison or a palace,
a serfdom or a queendom,
despair or glorious works,
anger or peaceful promise,
my douleur vanishes with the dawn
His golden fingers caress me
as I shed my mourning clothes
My higher self rises to sing
and dance with the angels.

My tree is now laden with fruit
The possibilities ripen on the branches
just waiting to be plucked
The sun rises in penumbral fashion
The fireflies rest and wait for the night.

--© Jennifer Jilks

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Exquisite stuff - I love both the words and the photographs.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are so kind, Weaver woman! I've been doing such serious posts, especially regarding health care issues, I thought I'd take another tack!