Tuesday 26 August 2008

man-in-the-street

It seems as if every media outlet is spending a lot of time interviewing the people around me.

No longer do we speak to those who have information, facts, ideas and a carefully crafted political, social, intellectual opinion. We have to listen to how people 'feel' about an issue, an event, traumatic events, and cannot explore the causes and how to prevent it.

I would like to speak to the journalists, the media barons, and my friends. Do not listen to these people. They do not necessarily speak truth! Everyone comes with a bias. It requires data and research to understand an issue. I do not want to hear a rant by someone whose bias is unclear. I want logical arguments, held by informed participants.

I loathe 'talk radio' for this reason.

No comments: