Saturday 28 June 2008

Colours of our lives

I heard a grad speech to some students. The person giving the speech pointed out that it is all in how we frame things. Our attitude - half full or half empty - governs our lives.

How we colour our thoughts colours our lives. At my mother's memorial service I said that her cancer framed her life for the last 5 years. Cancer painted our attitudes. She never came to terms with what was happening. I never had a chance to talk to her honestly, as I did with my dad when HE was dying.

I know that depression is inheritable. My son feels some of the same things I do: low self-esteem, feeling that no one cares. I am trying to help him colour his life: his whole life before him. He can do anything he sets his mind to. He just doesn't know what he wants to do with it! (Large glitch!)

I realized that how we frame a situation colours not only our peace of mind, but our minute-to-minute, our daily lives and our sense of the future.
I created a page to demonstrate this for my peers - as I take my course.

http://www.jilks.com/YorkvilleU/framing.html

Each picture gives a different feel to it.

These are my musings, I hope they help.

No comments: