Thursday 31 January 2008

Snow squalls are done - maybe



A nice, quiet morning. The snow has collected on the deck overnight. My snow angel has disappeared in the blow snow. A soft blanket of snow where the vicious wind ripped the snow off of the deck. The sun is peeping out but I see clouds in the distance. They think we might have more snow squalls today. The cats are fed, the goldfish merrily hunting for more food particles, and I threw some peanuts out for the birds and squirrels.

All is well with the world! Things are peaceful. The snowmobiles cannot go on the lake due to our sudden thaw. The fisher must be hibernating. The wolf has not left paw prints in a few days. It would not come close to our deck, avoiding my footprints in the snow around the dock. We just had a hawk watching the birds and squirrels who scavenge for our bird seed. I did see a hawk the odd time in the summer, but not since. I opened the door to get a better view, having gotten a video through the glass doors and it took off. It amazes me how sensitive they are to a predator. We do not have many around here.

No comments: